Forum List Message List Search
Time change
2023-11-04 00:43
OK guys as you all know we are setting our clocks back an hour, so if I have it correctly I set the event calendar to 0200 UTC on Monday so that should keep the net time still at 9:00 (2100) EST on Sunday night. If by some chance I have that wrong somebody please let me know.

With better reception in the winter months I suppose we could have tried an hour earlier, but I feel doing that may be pushing it a bit, so I thought keeping it the same would be better. If anybody has any questions let me know, I will do my best to answer them.
Re: Time change
2023-11-05 14:16
N8RGO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Update again: OK guys and gals I went and changed the meeting time on the Event Calendar back to 0200 UTC based on talking to RiK AC9QM. After some thought he seemed to indicate that by setting it to 0200 that should in fact line up with being 9:00 PM local time with the time change that we just had. That also seems right to me like we did it last year as well. We will see what happens when it happens. The main thing to keep in mind is that the net will start at 9:00 PM local time (EST) just like it always has been nothing has changed there.

As long as the event calendar matches with the Net Control plugin we should be good to go. Because of my bad hearing I do depend on the Net Control plugin quite a bit. I realize that UTC time never changes in and of itself. But during the change over times the amount of hours do. Part of the year UTC is 4 hours different from Local time and the other part of the year it is 5 hours different, so that is the tricky part. We are the only net on HamSphere that because the net falls at 9:00 PM on Sunday nights the correct UTC time go over until the next day on Monday, so it can be confusing at times, at least it is for me Hi Hi. Anyway we will know tonight one way or the other, but again it will be 9:00 PM local regardless.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved (62.138.11.31)